1. Policies and Compensation Plan Incorporated into User Agreement; Amendments
These Policies and Procedures, in their present form and as amended at the sole discretion of Annaliese Rivers (hereafter “Annaliese Rivers” or the “Company”), are incorporated into the Annaliese Rivers Independent User Agreement. Throughout these Policies, when the term “Agreement” is used, it collectively refers to the Annaliese Rivers Independent User Agreement, the Policies and Procedures, the Annaliese Rivers Compensation Plan, and the Annaliese Rivers Business Entity Addendum (the Business Entity Addendum is only applicable to User who enroll as a business entity). Independent User shall be referred to herein as “User.” The Company reserves the right to amend the Agreement at its discretion. Amendments shall be effective 30 days after notice and publication of the amended provisions here, on the site. This provision DOES NOT apply to the dispute resolution clause contained herein, which can only be modified by way of mutual consent by you and the Company.
2. Policies and Provisions Severable
If any provision of the Agreement, in its current form or as amended, is held void or unenforceable, only the void or unenforceable portion(s) of the provision shall be severed from the Agreement and the remaining provisions shall remain in effect. The severed provision shall be reformed so that it is in compliance with the law and reflects the purpose of the original provision as closely as possible.
3. Compliance With the Law
User must not engage in any act or omission that constitutes a violation of the law. Furthermore, User shall comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in conducting their Annaliese Rivers business. Some cities and counties have laws regulating certain home-based businesses. In most instances, these ordinances do not apply to User because of the nature of the Annaliese Rivers business. However, you should check your local laws and obey any laws that may apply.
4. Social Media
In addition to meeting all other requirements specified in these Policies, should an User utilize any form of social media, including but not limited to blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, or Pinterest, the User agrees to each of the following:
- No product sales or enrollments may occur on any social media site. To generate sales, a social media site must link only to the User’s Annaliese Rivers replicated website, Annaliese Rivers’s corporate website or an official Annaliese Rivers corporate social media page.
- An User agrees to refrain from using Annaliese Rivers or any other company trademarks in social media handles or on their own independent websites. An example would be @annalieserivers.
- Any social media site that is directly or indirectly operated or controlled by an User that is used to discuss or promote Annaliese Rivers’s products, or the Annaliese Rivers opportunity may not link to any website, social media site, or site of any other nature that discusses the business opportunities and/or recruitment of any direct selling company other than the User’s Annaliese Rivers replicated website.
- During the term of this Agreement an User may not use any social media site on which they discuss or promote, or have discussed or promoted, the Annaliese Rivers business or Annaliese Rivers’s products to directly or indirectly solicit Annaliese Rivers User for another direct selling or network marketing program (collectively, “Direct Selling”). In furtherance of this provision, an User shall not take any action that may reasonably be foreseen to result in drawing an inquiry from other User relating to the User’s other Direct Selling business activities.
- An User may post or “pin” photographs of Annaliese Rivers products on a social media site, but only photos that are made available or approved by Annaliese Rivers.
- If an User creates a business profile page on any social media site that promotes or relates to Annaliese Rivers, its products, or opportunity, the business profile page must relate exclusively to the User’s Annaliese Rivers business and Annaliese Rivers products. If the User’s Annaliese Rivers business is cancelled for any reason or if the User becomes inactive, the User must deactivate the business profile page.
5. Trademarks and Copyrights
The name “Annaliese Rivers” and other names as may be adopted by the Company are proprietary trade names, trademarks and service marks of Annaliese Rivers. The Company grants User a limited license to use its trademarks and trade names in promotional media for so long as the User’s Agreement is in effect. Upon cancellation of an User’s Agreement for any reason, his or her license shall immediately expire and the User shall immediately discontinue all use of the Company’s trademarks and trade names. Under no circumstances may an User use any of Annaliese Rivers’s trademarks or trade names in any email address, website domain name, social media handle, social media name or address, or in any unapproved Sales Tools.
Annaliese Rivers commonly puts on live and recorded events as well as webinars and telephone conference calls. During these events Company executives, User, and guests appear and speak. The content of such events is copyrighted material that is owned exclusively by the Company. User may not record any company functions for any reason, whether such event is live, a webinar, via conference call, or delivered through any other medium.
In addition, company produced Sales Tools, videos, audios, podcasts, and printed material is also copyrighted. User shall not copy any such materials for their personal or business use without the Company’s prior written approval.
6. Confidential Information
“Confidential Information” includes, but is not limited to, the identities, contact information, and/or sales information relating to Annaliese Rivers’s User and/or customers: (a) that is contained in or derived from any User’ respective Back-Office; (b) that is derived from any reports issued by Annaliese Rivers to User to assist them in operating and managing their Annaliese Rivers business; and/or (c) to which an User would not have access or would not have acquired but for his/her affiliation with Annaliese Rivers. Confidential Information constitutes proprietary business trade secrets belonging exclusively to Annaliese Rivers and is provided to User in strict confidence. Confidential Information shall not be directly or indirectly disclosed to any third party nor used for any purpose other than User’s use in building and managing his/her Independent Annaliese Rivers business.
Any violation of this policy shall cause Annaliese Rivers irreparable harm for which there is no adequate remedy at law. The parties further agree that the harm to Annaliese Rivers shall outweigh any harm to User if injunctive relief is awarded to the Company. Annaliese Rivers shall therefore be entitled to immediate and permanent equitable relief to prevent further violations of this policy.
7. Negative Comments and Harassment
Complaints and concerns about Annaliese Rivers should be directed to the customer Service Department. User must not disparage, demean, or make negative remarks to third parties or other User about Annaliese Rivers, its owners, officers, directors, management, other Annaliese Rivers User, the Marketing and Compensation plan, or Annaliese Rivers’s directors, officers, or employees. Disputes or disagreements between any User and Annaliese Rivers shall be resolved through the dispute resolution process, and the Company and User agree specifically not to demean, discredit, or criticize one another on the Internet or any other public forum.
Annaliese Rivers is committed to providing User with a work environment free from harassment, intimidation, and abuse from other User, employees, vendors, and any other individuals in the workplace. At Annaliese Rivers, harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and is strictly prohibited, such as: derogatory or threatening comments, inappropriate sexual behavior including but not limited to unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors, displaying visual images of a sexual nature, physical or verbal harassment, or violent behavior. Employees are encouraged to report any type of harassment incidents immediately. The Company will not tolerate acts or threats of violence and will investigate all reports. You have a responsibility to act when you are aware of a threat or risk to any of our employees or other User.